Thursday, December 15, 2011

New yarn

I went shopping today for yellow yarn.  I have every color but yellow.  Guess I used it all up.  I found a beautiful shade of yellow and in the cart it went.  Continuing down the aisle, I found a new line of yarn.  It was a variegated bright color yarn, it went in the cart, along with another color I don't have.  Now I am happy and will return home to see how the colors work up. 

Here is another pattern, knit this time. 

Preemie and Baby Hat

Use baby or sport yarn and #3 needles.  You can use 4 ply for large size cap.

Cast on 70 - 80 - 90 st
K1P1 for three inches then knit 1 row, purl 1 row, Knit 1 row, purl 1 row.  Next row Knit 8 st, Knit 2 tog - repeat across.  Purl 1 row.  Repeat decrease row decreasing 1 stitch each time until 7 - 8 - 9 stitches remain.  Draw yarn through remaining stitches and gather.  Fasten and sew up side of cap. 
Good job.  Make in pastels.  Remember Nurses don't like 4 ply yarn for babies.  I am still looking for volunteers to help.  How about you?  Have a good one.....